Saturday 4 July 2015

NERG 2015


NERG 2015 was held at Gateshead International Stadium on the 20th and 21st of June.  The event had an awesome selection of arcade cabinets, pinball tables and consoles.

 

 

Here are some of my gaming highlights of the weekend.

Space Harrier


Welcome to the Fantasy Zone.  Get ready!

 
 
 
I last played the arcade machine a couple of years ago in Mikado arcade, Japan.  One of Sega’s greatest arcade games, it was awesome playing it again.

 
Star Wars Racer Arcade DLX


This was the most popular title of the weekend, with people queuing up to play it. 
 
 
There is a cool story behind this machine.  The cabinet was salvaged from a warehouse in Sunderland in 2014, and was formerly sited at Metroland at the Metrocentre in Gateshead.  Easily the best thing to come out of The Phantom Menace, the game is loads of fun and the graphics still impress today.

 
Hikaru power!


Midnight Resistance


Awesome game, I really need to get this set up in one of my cabs.



Road Blasters




I vaguely remember this from back in the day, it was great to revisit this classic.

 
However I’ll have to improve my game to get a t-shirt!


The console section was impressive, with several machines I had never played on before. 






It was cool to finally play the FM Towns Marty Splatterhouse conversion.
 

There was a nice selection of traders.  I picked up a Retron 5 console and a couple of Megadrive games.

 

I had an awesome weekend of gaming and I’m already looking forward to NERG 2016.  Here is a video of the arcade section and some more pics.

 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment